Wednesday, May 9, 2012

3D Stuff from Winter 2012 Semester

I haven't uploaded any of my 3D animation stuff that I worked on this past semester, so here are the four assignments I had in Intro to 3D Animation class. They're not good, but since when did I post/show stuff because I thought they're good? :)

Legoman from Fall 2011 semester
The following animation used the 3D Legoman I had made the previous semester.
The main object of this assignment was to learn to use key frames for animating in Maya.
[Jan 2012] 


This was the dynamics assignment. At first I wanted to do candle light, but after spending hours researching, I gave up and turned to liquid.
[Feb 2012]


Blendshapes assignment.
We had to choose a sound file to sync with the animation. Mine's from a song called 'Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros' by Flight of the Conchords. It was fun creating different mouth shapes for words and listening to this segment over and over again for hours was fun.
[Feb 2012]


Final project for the class. I designed, modeled, rigged, textured, animated and lighted the character. This also had to sync to a sound file. The song's from Amelie soundtrack.
[April 2012]


Although they're all very short, each assignment took me forEVER to complete. Needless to say, I learned a great deal each time the assignment was given. There were fun parts, but there were also a lot of frustration, anxiety, and stress involved. There are many mistakes and much room for improvement, but for the most part, I'm excited to learn more things about 3D animation in the future.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! This is good. "Ain't no party like my nanna's tea party! HEEEEYY HOO!"
    I love the Flight of the Conchords. AND I am way impressed with your 3D stuff. I just don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete